Tuesday, December 27, 2011

All warmed up . . .


Just returned from a walk up to Church Street and through the Little League Park. Believe you me I am thoroughly warmed up. It was 37 degrees when I left and it is already 43, so what looked like a possible snow day looks like a rainy day. Kiddo called yesterday to see if I would stop by his home so he could show me his Christmas things. I couldn't refuse the invitation since he had tried twice to call and Grampa and I had been out for a walk. We had stopped for coffee at Johnny's therefore not home for the calls. It seems that his best present is Skylanders, little creatures that have their own portal and work with the Wii. Amazing electronic devices. He'll bring it here someday so Grampa and I can be taught how it all works. He did let me take home my favorite Hess truck to keep under the tree until he gets here to retrieve it.

Christmas Dinner was just about perfect if I do say so myself. Today I'll make soup with the roast beast bones. It'll smell so nice in this old house as it cooks up. I still have some cheese cake but I will not indulge because it really doesn't like me too much.

Came home one day last week and there was a monster box for me. I was blown away when I opened the outer box and there was an early birthday present from my friend Sue G, Godiva Chocolates in a sweet basket with a puppy! I've been very good and not opened the beautiful arrangement yet but I may dive in today. I've also gotten permission from Puppy's Pop to start a puzzle in the kitchen. We've decided that before we tackle the 2000 piece puzzle from Oneco friends we might as well warm up with the 1500 piece Santa puzzle given to us a year or so ago by local nephew and his wife. I sent part of last night setting out the pieces and putting together the borders. Now set to start work in earnest.

Puppy's Pop is off with the Élantra to play horseshoes in East Hartford so I'm indulging in loud music and maybe some piano!

Quote: I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit. ___Shakespeare

No comments: