Monday, December 5, 2011

Eureka . . .


I think I've found it; a substitute for lettuce. I miss eating salads with supper and today I bought some baby spinach because Olympia, one of my favorite nurse practitioners, told me I should try it. I was amazed because it is very tender and extremely mild. I expected a strong, earthy flavor but it is just like eating tender, mild grass. Yes, grass. I have always liked to chew on a nice blade of spring grass just for the taste, it's too stringy to swallow. So, I'm hyped about getting back to some greens with my meals. Another double woot day! I packaged up some of my Mount St. Mary's fudge today and will probably ask Puppy's Pop to mail it by the end of the week. I also bought some very nice Christmas cards at Benny's. That rather surprised me but the price was right and it saved me an expensive trip to the Hallmark Store in Dayville. We went to the flying field at the Sterling Town Hall and Puppy's Pop got in a first flight on one of his newest planes. I didn't go walking because he needed me to hold the plane for take off; he has to start it upside down so I'm better than a stooge. It flew really well for a first flight and looked just fine in the loops. He has to make some adjustments to the wing but not too bad for a first flight. Those are always a little nerve wracking. Spoke with Kiddo last night and he had gone to a Christmas Lights Parade in Groton. He was so excited because he waved to Mr. and Mrs. Claus but the best part was, " I saw the sleigh going up and up and up." The sleigh must have been an impressive sight. We hit 60 degrees today, not too shabby for December 5. Onward climate change, I say.

Quote: The ordinary true, or purely real, cannot be the object of the arts. ___Illusion on a ground of truth, that is the secret of the fine arts. __Joubert

No comments: