Friday, December 23, 2011

Busy week . . .


Have been to Groton every day but Monday this week. Middle child needed help with Christmas shopping and wrapping. The wrapping was so much fun for me because I haven't had to wrap a lot of presents in years. Christmas is the best when you have lots of kiddos. Seeing their pleasure on Christmas morning makes having kids worth the sacrifice of time, hard work and watchfulness. They are the real Christmas gifts and as I ponder that statement I realize that our children are our gifts to the world and ourselves. Kids of all ages make our lives interesting.

The weather is a balmy 45 degrees and rainy. The only snow visible is on the HP home screen. That's okay by me. We'll have no slippery driving conditions for Christmas Day and the oil man will not have to come too often. The best thing that happened this week is I brought the Élantra for the 3000 mile check up. It had over 5000 miles on it but that was okay. They only did an oil change and rotated the tires which is on the 6000 mile checkup list. But . . . I bought the special USB cord from Hyundai and I can now listen to my iTunes albums through the speakers on the car. Wow, that is such a great idea. Not only can I listen to the iTunes library of music through the car speakers we can go to Pandora radio and play any kind of music we like without commercials or news breaks. I'm so impressed. I think I'm going to get a piece of Velcro so I can set the iPad right next to the left of the passenger seat leg space. The cord is not very long. While the music is playing it is also charging the iPad. Who knew that man was capable of such wonders and the cord only cost a measly $40. Oh well, one must pay for ones toys.

Will leave shortly for lunch duty and pick Kiddo up early. He has a half day and pajama day. Can't believe they really do go to school in pajamas. Seems foolish. Getting older and more Scrooge like every day I wouldn't dare question the asininity of school administrators. I'm certain he will have proper attire when we stop by Richoni's to say a quick good by to his folks. They are so busy with their regular Friday night gala and today there are quite a few private parties starting at noon. We shall certainly say a very fast good by.

Quote: It is not money, nor is it mere intellect, that governs the world; it is moral character, and intellect associated with moral excellence. ___T. D. Woolsey

No comments: