Tuesday, December 6, 2011

End of a Chapter . . .


Amazon finally caught up with my ill gotten gains (the personal check I received from the lady who finally ended up with the $100 audio book after 44 days of meandering through the US mail empire.) Because she sent me a check and didn't go through Amazon I am now out $79 which is what I would have made if the USPS had delivered the package in a timely fashion. Amazon would have made $21 if theUSPS had not opened the package looking for drugs thereby delaying delivery. I just received an email from Amazon telling me that they had -$79 from my account. So I made about $21 on this deal gone bad. Not sure what lesson I've learned from this fiasco other than don't trust the US postal service. Puppy's Pop is going to be mailing out the Cistercian Nuns Christmas Fudge soon and perhaps the holiness of the makers of the candy will protect it from the depravedness of the postal service. I can only pray that St. Christopher, guardian of travelers, will watch over fleet footed Mercury as he guides the Christmas penuche through the labyrinth.

Puppy's Pop is off with the Élantra for East Hartford and horseshoes. I will spend my time on this dreary, grey, 56 degree day listening to Christmas music and writing out Christmas cards for all and sundry. Best if I get to work before I find something else to complain about!

Quote: We do not despise all those who have vices, but we do despise all those who have not a single virtue. ___La Rochefoucauld (And, yes, someone does come to mind, Despicable Him)

No comments: