Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Now, that was fun . . .


We went to the 11:20am showing of The Adventures of Tintin in Lisbon. Wow, it was a lot of fun. We ended up at the 3D version at $10 a pop. I don't particularly care for 3D but this was fantastic. For once we saw a movie that was not preachy and full of modern day silliness. It was a good story with good characters and wonderful tech effects. I could watch this one again. Since the movie is based on a Belgian French speaking comic book character I hope the sequels keep coming. Saw the advert for the The Hobbit which will be out a year from now. Looking forward to seeing it. Must admit that there is nothing like seeing a good movie on the big screen with the surround sound.

Not up to much today. Will walk indoors, work on my horrible puzzle and cross stitch embroidery before I take time to read more of John Derbyshire's free novel about China. It is very interesting yet I don't think it ever made it to the New York Times book list. I'm guessing that the author self-published because regular publishing houses probably were unwilling to face Chinese condemnation.

Quote: The morning steals upon the night, melting the darkness. _____Shakespeare

No comments: