Sunday, December 4, 2011

Odd Sunday . . .


I think the visit I had yesterday with my youngest sister-in-law set the tone for today! She and J. had rearranged their living room area and I liked how it opened up the room so today I ended up going around and simplifying things. We have so much stuff, so I just put some away and then put out a few Christmas decorations. I'm going to keep it plain this year. So far so good. Now I have to keep to the plan! That was odd # 1. Odd #2. I was in my simplifying mode when Puppy's Pop came up from the hangar to inform me that the furnace wouldn't light. Whoa. That 's scary when it is 32 degrees outside. He called our oil man and they sent someone out immediately. Since I was somewhat curious to see if we were finally going to have to buy a new heating system I decided to skip Mass. The best part is that the repair man took about ten minutes to put in a new igniter on the burner and we are all set. Phew, that was a close call. The rest of the day has been uneventful; a walk at the Flying Field and getting tickets for Annie at Bradley Playhouse for N. and me.

Quote: If you destroy delicacy and a sense of shame in a young girl you deprave her very fast. ___Mrs. Stowe

No comments: