Sunday, December 11, 2011

A mite cold . . .


Impressively cold this morning. We've been spoiled so far weather wise; fairly mild temperatures, lots of rain but at 19 degrees this morning the house took its time getting up to speed. After a Lizzy B's breakfast I decided I should dump out the monster pots of summer flowers before winter sets in next week. I had haphazardly thrown them into the woods near the burn pile. That's as far as I could carry them without collapsing from their weight. With all of the rain and last night's cold they are super heavy. But that didn't deter me. I manhandled them and got two out after lots of picking up and dropping. The third one was smashed several times only to break into partial smithereens. It still has some of the plastic pot frozen around the bottom and my fingers were too cold to pick it up and continue the smashing! Since I hadn't bothered to wear my gloves my hands are still numb. When the sun is out shining so brightly I never think that I need to dress for the cold. I'll go back out after Mass and hope the sun has warmed up the shattered pot so I can finish cleaning up the mess. I'm probably the only person in the world who cares about a mess behind a garage! Puppy's Pop will go out towards the end of the week to get our Christmas tree and Kiddo will be able to help decorate next Friday. I still like the smell and look of a live spruce. We may not have a white Christmas this year and that's okay by me but we will surely have a smokey one! Our neighbor has his outdoor wood furnace working overtime. I have no idea what he is burning but at this moment huge clouds of dark grey/black smoke are heading our way. The whole neighborhood is getting smoked. I can even smell it in the house! Hope it warms up enough today so I can wash the Élantra. Black may be beautiful but it shows the road dirt something fierce.

Quote: A mob is the scum that rises upmost when the nation boils. __Dryden

No comments: