Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wintry blast without snow . . .


Phew! Just returned home from my walk at the Flying Field and it was cold, grey and windy. It took about six treks up and down the hill for my hands to warm up! That's pretty darned cold. Grampa did another superior job getting the Christmas Tree this year. He even had it all set up for me when I got back from Groton Thursday evening. All I had to do was find the angel; that took quite a while. Then it was easy peasy to put the angel on high and the lights below. Last night Kiddo did an excellent job finishing up decorating. I was really amazed at how well he distributed the ornaments. Later on as he and Grampa watched The Grinch we worked on making stained glass ornaments from very old Makit & Bakit kits rescued from the dump some years ago! That was fun and the ornaments came out just right. Of course he had to take them home; one for each member of the family. Very thoughtful. He's in the process of making a paper chain of good deeds that he has to bring to school next week. I've been advised that he made the Good List again this year and he was wondering what ever did Grampa do to get on the Bad List since all he ever gets is coal! I didn't go into particulars because that would have taken a very long time! The only things left on the Christmas agenda is shopping for Christmas dinner and then the cooking. I can already smell the aroma of the Roast Beast. Looking forward to a Joyous, Happy Christmas.

Quote: The moral and religious system which Jesus Christ has transmitted to us, is the best the world has ever seen, or can see. ___Franklin

No comments: