Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sorry, this calls for a new post . . .

Just got a call from NE Conservation, the outfit that came more than two weeks ago for the energy audit, returning my call of two weeks ago. I left a message, for shits and giggles, complaining that one of the new bulbs they put in above the dining room table was fading on and off on a regular basis. This is true. There is a bad bulb. The lady wanted to set up an appointment so the two guys could come back and change the bulb! I was flabbergasted. I actually did say, "You want to make an appointment so two men can come to my house to change a light bulb?" She didn't even get the disconnect here. She just said, "Yes." On my dear loving god, how can anyone think that they have to come here from Woodbridge to change a light bulb? Not only that but to make an appointment to do so? NE Conservation canceled two previous appointments and were late for the one they finally kept! (When they were here one of the young men had to call for help from his partner when he tried to lower the glass bowl on the fixture without disconnecting the pull chain.) I told her I had expected them to send us a new bulb and we were perfectly capable of screwing the bulb into the socket. Finally, in disgust, I told her to forget about an appointment to change a light bulb. But she asked me to wait on the line so she could talk to her supervisor to find out if they could mail the new bulb to us! Good lord. I was speechless. (Here we go again, the USPS!) When she returned to the line she informed me that the maker of the bulbs would mail it to us and if we don't get it by Monday I must call New England Conservation again. (They're made in China.) Am I now living in some parallel universe where life is topsy-turvy? Mayhap I should drink the Koolaide! What is even more ridiculous is the surcharge on our electric bill to partially fund this stupidity.

No comments: