Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And I reap the benefits . . .


Some time between July 22, 2000 and November 8, 2006 it seems that Visa charged too much for certain transactions and I became a litigant in a class action lawsuit. It seems to coincide with our 2006 trip to Alaska by way of Vancouver, BC. Today I received a check for $18.04 and though I probably should have gotten billions I will quote the settlement administrator's note. "All refund amounts are reduced because the full amount of all the claims exceeds the amount in the settlement fund." I'm sure if those greedy lawyers hadn't taken their hyper-enormous share I would have had my billions restored. But "Que sera, sera." Since another part of the suit is on going perhaps in another six years I will get the check for the billions I lost in some international transactions made with my Visa card. All hail, class action lawyers!

Received a call from middle child late yesterday afternoon and went to keep the Kiddo for the evening. After homework, supper and spelling quiz we settled in for indoor soccer. He beat me 12-11. It was a very good game. Then we played Bakugan and I have no idea what the score was when we ended the game. Next on the agenda, my most favorite part of the evening, he set up his karaoke player and sang for me. He is amazingly not shy about singing for me. I pretty much close my eyes and just appreciate whatever he chooses to sing. It certainly isn't my idea of good music, Big Time Rush, but he has so much fun and takes it quite seriously. I just enjoy him. Growing up way too fast. Pretty soon they won't need me to help out so I'm taking advantage of as much Kiddo time as I can. After the music session it was shower time. As he showered and I sat on the closed john he was telling me about Saturday's retreat and right then and there, from the steamy shower he recited The Act of Contrition, Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be . . . I'm sure Ma, Pa, Pépère, Louise, MaTante, Gram and Angie enjoyed and approved this well enunciated recitation.

Quote: Prefer loss before unjust gain: for that brings grief but once; this forever. ___Chilo

No comments: