Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Phew . . .


Phew, this growing up as one gets older makes me a bit testy upon occasion. But . . . I did it all by myself. I've just set up my digital cordless surround headphone Pioneer SE-DIR800C and it's working. I've got it set up through the cable box as it didn't like the old Sony one iota. Very neat. I haven't got the patience to see how to set up the Bose because I'd have to move it or the Pioneer base and then I'd have to be connecting and disconnecting too often. When my patience returns and I start getting antsy again I may buy an extra cable for the Bose but I'd still have to move it and it would look really ugly near the TV. So I'll just let it be, let it be. There will be an answer. Let it be. (Apologies to The Beatles.)

Puppy's Pop and I both had dental appointments in Groton this snowy, slippery morning. He had an 8 o'clock and I had a two hour scheduled for 9. Because the weather was bad we went together and he had to wait for me. Luckily they were able to start my appointment a half hour early and so I did get out early. He had a chance to go to the Hobby Shop and get coffee and a muffin at the Shack. Perfect timing. We saw one accident as it was happening in the North bound lane of 395 in Norwich. The driver of a red pickup spun completely around and hit the median guardrail just as we were driving by. Good thing the guard rails are there or he would have slammed right into us. I'll bet he was able to drive away because he did a 360 and was headed back North in no time flat. P'sP did see him pull over and stop. I know he had damage because I heard and saw him hit the rail. Scary. My heart jumped up to my throat.

I'll be working on the 2000 piece Neuschwansten Castle, Bavaria after I complete my indoor walking and snack. I have the border made and a small part of the facade. Way too many pieces.

Quote: Keep a quiet heart. Sit like a tortoise. Walk sprightly like a pigeon. Sleep like a dog. ___Li Chung-Y'un

No comments: