Sunday, January 8, 2012

Double whammy . . .


My poor UCONNs just couldn't hack it away from home. The women let Notre Dame rough them up and the men allowed Rutgers to get away in Piscataway. Down right unbecoming for my ranked Huskies. The women rarely play good teams so I can forgive them this lapse. The men rarely play good teams as they prepare for the Big East season so they have a high opinion of themselves. I blame the coach for their terrible opening schedule. They should play the best teams so they can focus on what they have to do to win. Perhaps I can volunteer my time to help them out!

Kiddo helped put in a few puzzle pieces but it sits here still so I may have to steel myself and work all day to complete it. The problem is that all we have left are browns and blacks. Tough stuff. Richoni's sent home stuffed shrimp, fish and chips and a nice bowl of chicken soup for dinner yesterday. Nice being spoiled. Kiddo had his usual chicken tenders but no fries, grapes instead. He weighs in at 66 pounds and 51 inches tall. Getting too big to wrestle with me. Doesn't seem fair that kids grow up so fast. He and Grampa played Wii Skylanders for quite a while and had a good time.

Youngest and G. have had an offer they made on a house in the same estate where they are renting accepted. She sent pictures and it looks great. If all goes well they should be in their own place sometime in March. I just may have to visit at least one more time in the next few years so I can get a feel for their new home. Otherwise I believe they shall try to visit us once a year. I really need to see them once a year, just for hugs, smiles, laughter and homeyness. It doesn't have to be for a long time just some close time.

I forgot to mention some rumors. It seems that Bass Pro Shops is looking at the Dog Track property. Agway is preparing to move across from Better Value and Olive Garden is supposedly looking at moving to the Agway property. It sounds too good to be true but it would be a hoot to get the Pro Bass Shop in town. I guess it is feasible since both Killingly and Lisbon have the malls so we're a stop right between the two malls. That would be very cool.

Quote: Man often acquires just so much knowledge as to discover his ignorance, and attains so much experience as to see and regret his follies, and then dies. ___Clulow

No comments: