Thursday, January 19, 2012

Younger sister did it again . . .


I was supposed to spend time cleaning today and before I started I thought I'd best call R. to see how her husband was doing. He was hospitalized last week. Before he can come home he needs therapy at a rehabilitation center for at least ten days so we decided today was a good time for me to go to East Granby and lunch at our usual spot. Her daughter will bring her to see hubby later today. The pepper and egg grinder was fantastic, as usual. But she had a trick up her sleeve for desert. We went to Simsbury to the Harvest Bakery and Cafe. What a scrumptious choice. We both had sweet potato tarts and coffee. Everything is made from scratch and I know that is true because you could taste it. It is rather expensive but worth every cent. I couldn't help myself and bought four cupcakes to take home. Since it is Grampa's birthday tomorrow and Kiddo will be home with us I thought the cupcakes, two peanut butter and jelly and two cookie dough would be excellent in place of a cake! Of course if Grampa reads my blog he won't be surprised but it is doubtful that he reads it and even if he did he would not admit to it! I won't have time tomorrow to stop with Kiddo to get a card and present so I stopped at the former Michael's Market in Canterbury and bought a card that will be from Kiddo and a big bag of M & M Peanuts. I think that will be a neat birthday present!

R. and I drove back to her home by way of the Simsbury airport, a dirt strip in the middle of big farming country. Hard to realize how beautiful Connecticut can be unless you go riding off the beaten paths. It is always such a pleasure to be with R. But since I don't like to drive in bad traffic I always leave by 2 o'clock. We never seem to have enough time. I did bring her two of my smaller puzzles but I'm not certain I have enticed her into working on a puzzle!

Well, time to warm up some left overs for supper.

Quote: Love is strongest in pursuit; friendship in possession. __Emerson

No comments: