Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Damnation . . .


I have an eye doctor's appointment this morning. I had planned to go to the Mall in Warwick to get new glasses from LensCrafters and . . . roam around looking for a few Spring clothes. Haven't done that in years, actually, since Angie died. But . . . UCONN men are playing in the Big East Conference at noon so there is no choice. I'll come home and root them on to victory! Then I'll be off in the late afternoon to sit with the Kiddo. I'm afraid he's going to have to tune their new flat screen to the UCONN vs Notre Dame championship game at 7. We'll probably have to play hallway soccer during the timeouts.

Played a lot of cribbage yesterday. Won some, lost one. Cousin S. gave me a really nice handbag that she had quilted. Now I'll be afraid to use it because I won't want to get it dirty. I may turn it into an iPad carry bag. It'll be perfect for that and books. I also went for one of the best walks I've had in a long time. Younger sister-in-law and I walked in Preston. It is such a beautiful country walk. Walking pass the birthing pasture we saw a cow lying down casually waiting for the birth of the calf whose outline could be discerned stretching her side. Wish I could have seen the birth. She looked so calm. Sure she'll be good Mama! The rest of the cows were busy eating. We had the dog with us and she is allowed to run free, as is only right. We could see the Quinebaug through the bare trees. It's nice walking because the road is only used for the workers at the dam ie. no traffic. I hope to be able to walk there again with my wonderful companions.

Quote: In those vernal seasons of the year when the air is calm and pleasant, it were an injury and sullenness against nature not to go out and see her riches, and partake in her rejoicing with heaven and earth. ___Milton

No comments: