Friday, March 16, 2012

A love story . . .


On this grey, abysmal day Puppy's Pop offered to take me to the movies. Can you believe that we actually went to see a love story? I loved it. It was surprisingly good. We saw John Carter in 3D at Lisbon Landing and it was a lot of fun plus it held my interest. I can't believe the reviews were not very good for this movie. Granted you had to pay attention to the plot lines but it was great. It makes a grey day bright.

Monday I will be at the full 25 minute work out at Backus. As of now they have given me a target heart rate of 120 when I go for walks or exercise. Somehow that seems low to me but I feel sure that their judgement is correct and I'm not going to fool around with it. They suggested I buy a heart monitor so I don't overdo or underdo my heart rate while exercising. I have one on order. It's just a plain thing that straps around your chest and the read out is on your wrist. I think this may be going overboard but they tell me, "No, it's the right way to go." They even showed me how to find my own pulse, which I could never do! Great balls of fire.

We're not having Kiddo today because Mom is coming home from work early so she can have a little rest period before she works double shifts (really triple shifts) tomorrow, St. Paddy's Day. We'll pick Kiddo up around 1 pm and keep him until Sunday. That should work out just fine. I may even bring him to the children's Mass Sunday morning!

Quote: The pleasures of the palate deal with us like the Egyptian thieves, who strangle those whom they embrace. ___Seneca (Puppy's Pop bought two coffees at Baker's Dozen but I asked for a honey bun, which I ate all by myself. So I needed this quote to get me back on the straight and narrow.)

No comments: