Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dangerous Mémère . . .


Got a surprise call from Connecticut daughter after I had returned from my cribbage trouncing yesterday. She asked if I'd go sit with the Kiddo for a while and naturellement I went on my merry way and picked him up at the bar around 5pm. Son-in-law set me up for a fantastic supper of cheese tortellini, his delicious sauce with mozzarella on top. Zowie, good stuff and Kiddo even let me have a KitKat for desert. Now I know I'm someone special. Of course all good things must come to an end. After following his character around on the Wii playing Skylanders and even moving up a level with my character (who knew I could be so good?) we took a reading break before he decided we should play hallway soccer, only to 12 points. The score was 5 - 2 in my favor when he tried to stop the ball from going into the goal and he ran his left ear and head right into the door jam. Oh yuck. He really didn't fuss too much but I know it hurt like the dickens because I was trying to kick the ball into the goal and he really smashed in hard. What a collision. I sat him on the couch, put an ice pack on his growing bump and super maroon ear when he said "Okay, Mémé, let's finish this game." I declined because I hated to inflict more harm and have his folks disown me but he was insistent. We finished the game and I roughed him up 12-5. He then wanted to go to 20 but I put my foot down. That was enough excitement for me. Mom and Dad came home about 8:45 and didn't fire me so I guess I'll be seeing more of my best Kiddo.

Puppy's Pop is playing horseshoes in East Hartford today. One of the guys he pitches with rigged up a live camera with a link to their web site. That's pretty cool. English daughter had a chance to see her Dad in action! Her friend G. would like to learn how to pitch. I can't wait for them to visit this Fall.

Quote: He that lives on hopes will die fasting. ___Franklin

No comments: