Thursday, October 22, 2009

By way of Alabama



Not too much time this morning before I am on my way to lunch duty! Thought I'd put in a couple of pictures from Gadsden, Alabama. On the return trip from Slaughter, LA we were a bit early getting to our hotel in Alabama so we took in some of the sights! After a ride on a little train we ended up at Noccalula Falls. Found out we could have walked there for no charge but what the heck. We had a nice time on a beautiful day. Originally known as Black Creek Falls the name was changed to Noccalula Falls because a heartbroken Indian chief gave the cataract his daughter's name. He was forcing her to marry outside of the tribe and she slipped away from the festivities and leaped to her death. I wish I could have gotten a better photo of her but they don't let you climb over the protective barriers! Next time I'll walk down to the bottom of the falls and also walk behind them. It was too wet Monday because of all of the rain they had had and too slippery going down.

No comments: