Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pleasant surprise . . .

Yep! Still walking!

Had a package sitting on the door step yesterday; nice size box and my name had the accent on it! It was the latest book from my former student of 40 years ago! He has sent me copies of each of his three major novels and autographed them for me. I received the books last year and was really grateful. He also mentioned me in the acknowledgements at the end of this latest book. This is the second time he's done that! Pretty cool. I must admit that I find his books a bit maudlin but this small volume, 275 pages, is supposed to be a comedy. I believe that it will make me laugh because when Wally was in my classes at NFA he always made me laugh which is why I've been surprised that his previous books are rather heavy, beaucoup pages, and very much concerned with unhappy people with weighty problems. His latest book is called Wishin' and Hopin', A Christmas Story. I will certainly read it before Christmas.

Haven't gone food shopping in a dogs age because we really haven't been home too much in the last month. Wow, $186 and I still haven't picked up the wine and I forgot the peanut butter! Had a nice visit from my friend Angie's son this morning. He brought coffee and we sat around talking about life in general for an hour or so. It's so nice to see him. He and his family are doing well; he's flying out of La Guardia which is a bit of a pain as he has to try to cruise down 95 to get to work. Ouch! He flies four days a week and then is home for three.

The Dodge passed Connecticut inspection today and tomorrow Puppy's Pop will try to get it registered. Downloaded a bill of sale from the DMV website, well, not quite a bill of sale; it's a special form they use when you give someone a vehicle. Should work out OK.

Quote: Time is the chrysalis of eternity. ----Richter

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Hopefully it isn't Hopin' & Changin'......

Qu'que chose said...

He actually sent me the first books on inauguration day! He is somewhat of a left winger but I get a kick out of him. He always did manage to make me laugh. He still does! So he might be " A Hopin' and A Changin!" But "C'est la vie!" N'est-ce pas?