Friday, October 9, 2009

Of volleyball and skunks

Leaving Ketchikan. We have junk on the side of the road; they have junk along the waterways! Most of our trip was beautiful scenery but there were occasional derelicts.

Got a phone call from our neighbor (cousin many times removed). She has to leave Soldier, one of her dogs, out all day because he was sprayed by a skunk! Second time in the last couple of weeks. It seems that the whole family of skunks is burrowed in near their old well. That is so close to their back door it's not funny. I doubt that Animal Control will help them to get those buggers out of their cozy home. It would probably cost and arm and a leg to pay an Exterminator to come out too. Hope the skunks don't try to find a home here. I no longer throw food scraps in the woods because I don't want Lex to get fat so maybe we won't end up a second home to the stinky ones.

Was also advised that cousin's son, about 11 years old, now has the job of picking up the "biggest" dog poops in the yard. It seems that the oldest girl is playing volleyball at PHS and those dog patties are a real menace! That's really great news because I've been picking them up for quite a while and I doubt anyone noticed! I have to really watch out when grandson comes here and we play on the hill. We are careful to only play on the side closest to the garage. Lex's run comes across the hill but he's been pretty good about pooping close to the big maple.

I'll be off soon for lunch duty at Sacred Heart and grandson will come back home with me this afternoon. Grampa hasn't seen him in about three weeks and I'm sure they'll be glad to get together.

Quote: Our greatest joy is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ---Confucius

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Y'all need to pick up one of the air guns I was talking about.

Qu'que chose said...

In order to ...