Friday, October 30, 2009

Of Pumpkin Bread, Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Fudge . . .

Looking up in downtown Juneau. Rushing water just pouring on down!

I believe that I'm a lucky "so and so!" At lunch duty yesterday Barbara gave me a nice plate of deserts that Grampa and I almost devoured at dinner. She and her grand-daughter were baking all week end and made up a plate of goodies for me! I thought that was really nice. The fudge in particular was luscious.

Grandson will be coming home with me today and I have some neat books for him: two pop-ups, Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan; a neat book, One Shoe Blues, with a video of B. B. King playing his guitar Lucille and singing along with some really neat sock puppets ( I think you can find parts of it on You Tube ) and Mars Needs Moms by Berkeley Breathed the creator of Bloom County and Opus. We may not read them all as that's a pretty good sized mess of reading but I enjoy the books "all by myself."

I'm pretty much sick of politics lately but this article by George Will is really quite interesting. Good on her!

Quote: But youth is always too serious, and just now it is too serious about frivolity. ---G. K. Chesterton

No comments: