Thursday, October 8, 2009

Learning to spit

Note the loggers climbing the poles. We watched a show up close and then Puppy's Pop got this shot from the deck.

Was sitting out on my most comfortable swing the other evening and drinking a nice glass of red wine. Appreciating the beauty that is Fall in New England I sipped the elixir . . . dregs!!! Man, did I spit them out and far to boot! Yuck. That sort of brings you up short. All I was doing was enjoying the good life and it bit me! I must say I'm impressed by how far I could spit that out!

Back to the problem I had with the blood test at the Backus Lab here in town. I did call Backus Hospital and ended up leaving a message with some sort of administrator. Got a phone call the next day from a different administrator letting me know that she had "reeducated her staff" so they will never do that again! Cool beansies! They are supposed to start hand paperwork after five minutes if the computer is down. No more waiting! She thanked me profusely but Puppy's Pop brought me back to earth. "I'd hate to be you the next time you need a blood test! You'll be bleeding all over the place!" Oh man of little faith!

Quote: In all science error precedes the truth, and it is better it should go first than last. --Walpole

1 comment:

Mostafa ElShafei said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.