Monday, July 5, 2010

Could be a Louisiana morning . . .


Already 74 degrees as I'm having breakfast. Leaving the air on for the day, I expect. Puppy's Pop is already at the Sterling School flying with a young man from the Boston area who needs lots of help getting off the ground and getting back down. The grass field is a better place to learn than the Dog Track!

Wonderful, just right Fourth. Went to Mass, took the El Camino out to Buttonwood in Preston for ice cream, lazed around the yard in the afternoon and then went to Moosup nephew's home for fantastic cook out. His younger brother was visiting and it was really great to see them again. The children were so much fun. I took a tour with the 6 year old and we went around the yard. I told him all kinds of stories about when I had lived in his house and played in the yard. He got a kick out of that, especially when I told him how I learned to drive right there in the upper field in a very old and distinctive Crosley. His little sister then helped me tour the gooseberry patch and I was so thrilled because they have very nice berries. Our bush has nary a berry this year. I taught her to eat the whole berry. She was only eating the middle and spitting out the skin. What a riot that was. She spit out the first one then asked for another which she dutifully swallowed. She was picking and eating them on her own after that. Younger brother and his wife were there and her sister's family. Nice, comfortable family gathering. We stayed until about 8 so you know Puppy's Pop had a good time and great eats. Before going to bed I looked out to see Ursa Major bright and sparkling in the Northwest along with myriad fireflies and planes. Many Moosupians were adding to the sparkles with their illegal fireworks (including the nephews.) All in all a very satisfactory Independence Day.

Quote: The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion. The true danger is, when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. __Burke

No comments: