Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Warm and breezy . . .

Harry Hotspur, real name Sir Henry Percy, born in 1364, killed in 1403, at the Battle of Shrewsbury. Eldest son of the first earl of Northumberland. Alwnwick Castle.

Walked early morning both today and yesterday and was lucky that the clouds kept me shaded both days. Walked a bit better today. It may be my imagination but I started taking my 6 day supply of prednisone this morning and it feels as if it's already helping. Saw my favorite physician's assistant yesterday and she agreed I could go off of Lipitor and Zetia. Also did some blood work and took a couple of x-rays. Wasn't surprised when she told me that I have arthritis in my lower back. Not much to do about it but I will see a neurologist to figure out how to alleviate the painful walking problem. I seem to be able to beat it some days and other days it really ticks me off. Oh well I guess bodies do start to wear out after a while and since I'm now closer to 70 than 60 I'll just keep rolling on. Doesn't seem possible that I'm finally growing up! It's taken a while.

All kinds of energy yesterday so I cleaned house. Place is looking good for 200 years old. I guess it's feeling creaky like it's owners. Even Puppy's Pop is trying a new regimen for his cholesterol. What a pair! Actually, a pretty good pair of somewhat worn Americans. Still in love and still living the good life in small town USA.

A couple of days ago our young next door neighbor (who used to hang out with today's birthday child) came over to chat. She was telling me about looking for a bathing suit. They have just put in a pool and I told her I had given up on a suit and just go into the pool in Groton wearing full dress shorts and tee shirt. Well, she showed up at the door and gave me a beautiful new bathing suit she said she found on sale and wouldn't let me pay for it. Now that was such a surprise, so unexpected and greatly appreciated. She's the healthiest we've seen her in the almost 5 years she's lived next door. Pretty lady, working hard to live a good life.

Time to go shopping. Need a few basics to augment the garden's provisions.

Quote: Pain and pleasure, like light and darkness, succeed each other; and he only who knows how to accommodate himself to their returns, and can wisely extract the good from the evil, knows how to live. ___Sterne

No comments: