Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life is definitely interesting . . .







Been reading Maid in Waiting by Galsworthy, one of my mother's books, and found a train ticket from New York to New London dated 1931. Also came across two grocery bills from Brodeur's in Plainfield dated 1947 made out in MaTante's name. And . . . a note Ma left for Pa before they married. Pretty soon I'll end up going through Ma's books just to see what is hidden within!

Puppy's Pop and I took a ride to Wiscasset, ME for lunch at the Sea Basket yesterday. It is the only place where I look forward to eating the fried shrimp basket. Oh my. It is so good that I devour the entire meal. We moseyed on to Boobthbay Harbor where we had drinks overlooking the ships and boats. After a nice walk through the town I had Grampa wait for me as I loaded up on ice cream before we headed home. Still love to go to Maine. We'll go back in the Fall but will stay overnight. It's a nice ride but 4 hours one way makes it an overnighter. When we got home I found a FedEx package at the milk room door! Not only was it at the weirdest place but it was soaking wet. A pretty good thunder storm had passed through while we were gone. The outer box was soaked through and the inner box was also wet but my new Merrell's survived intact. I called Wolverine today to complain but they didn't seem too concerned. There are 7 outside doors to this old house. Not sure why the carrier picked the one that is never used and out of the way rather than a porch door or the overhang on the garage!

Took the '37 out to Palazzi's Orchard in Dayville Sunday. A beautiful ride to the farm stand. They only sell what they grow which is really cool in this day and age. Bought fresh corn and peaches. Super.

Quote: The earth was made so various, that the mind of desultory man, studious of change, and pleased with novelty, might be indulged. __Cowper

No comments: