Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yup, another wow day . . .


Great day all day. Wow, we went flying and walking at the Dog Track, stopped for a muffin and coffee at Lizzy B's, gave Natalie, our superior waitress a monster Yankee Candle, Macintosh, which we received as a present at the party and I picked the Indian Corn. Also let Puppy's Pop beat me at horseshoes before I spent some time tying my corn into neat bunches. Friends from Oneco stopped by and I let her pick a bunch but she wouldn't take one of the bigger ones and chose a smaller group. When I insisted that she take two because hers was small she took another small one! I couldn't win.

Expecting to hear from the wood cutter today. We may have someone lined up to cart the wood away. It seems he has a portable saw mill. We'll see how it goes. I just want the trees out of here. The sooner the better. Also topped off the day with a nice fairly long telephone conversation with our youngest. We may not be visiting her in England next year if they have to move closer to London. Everything will be up in the air for a while but hoping they'll make it home in 2012. Now that would be the greatest. Then if the oldest could be persuaded to come home for a visit at the same time we'd have us all together again. It's already been 5 years since we've all been under the same roof. Unbelievable.

Quote: Affability, mildness, tenderness, and a word I would fain bring back to its original signification of virtue -- I mean good nature -- are of daily use; they are the bread of mankind and the staff of life. ___Dryden

No comments: