Sunday, February 27, 2011

Celebrations . . .

Can't believe Arizona nephew got me to climb to the top. It was so good to be out in the desert with him. Very nice thoughful young'un.

Pontiac is a fantastic ride. UCONN women struggled at Georgetown but pulled it off. UCONN men managed to hold on and beat Cincinnati at home. Three new inches of snow this morning melted away by the afternoon's hazy sun. Delicious breakfast at old faithful in Oneco and great music at Mass this am. How sweet it is. Younger sister called yesterday and we spoke for quite sometime. Haven't seen her since before Christmas and now that I have my wheels I expect to get up to East Granby in March so we can have a nice lunch. I always feel that I have to see her and talk face to face. The phone is nice but being together is the best. Also spoke with older brother and laughed about some similar car problems he's had. He had bought a used Honda that acted up and his mechanic told him he'd put in a new head gasket but then advised he get rid of the car really quickly. Older brother complied! His wife and I had spoken earlier and they will be seeing their new grand daughter in Seattle at Easter. It's got to be tough not to watch your little ones grow up. They are able to keep up with Skype. That's a plus. I'm going to sip some Sogno di Sorrento Lemoncello and get caught up on the magazines. Yep, I've fallen behind and I don't even have a puzzle out to slow down my reading. (Puppy's Pop is really frowning at the idea of a puzzle.) For my evening read I bought Ken Follet's World Without End for the iPad. I've enjoyed some of his other books but his English seems to be aimed at 5th graders this time around. Not sure I'll be able to get through it without lowering my standards. I have been reading some of Mémère's classics so I'm probably doomed to dislike most modern novels.

Quote: There is no worse robber than a bad book. ___ Italian Proverb

No comments: