Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Procrastination worked . . .




Never did get to finish the dusting and vacuuming yesterday. After Puppy's Pop came back from his coffee break we headed out to clear the garage roof. I don't care what anyone else says or thinks. The snow on that roof was at least one yard deep. It was awful. It took three hours to clear it off using shovels, a newly welded snow rake and the Torrington snow blower. Yes, Puppy's Pop guided the snow blower up the ramp he made with the 2 metal ladders and some left over lattice from the porch project. I helped as best I could pushing the snow off of the edges and also pushing it into the path of the snow blower. He carefully marked out the sturdy cross beams and that's where he ran the blower. It was pretty neat because when he got to the top he also was able to get the snow blower on that set of beams and blew the snow over the roof into the driveway. I did get some photos but I took them early in the clean up process because I was afraid to leave him up there without his faithful companion just in case something went wrong. It took three hours of pretty intensive labor. It's a good thing we did it because it is already snowing again this morning and it looks to me as if we'll be getting more than the 6 inches forecast. Then rain, sleet, snow for tomorrow. Not good.

Went out to Narragansett for dinner last night and I splurged. I had a Black Russian. I used to love them but since they pack a powerful punch, at least for me, I have been sticking to Margaritas. I also indulged in a glass of Pinot Noir with my lamb chop special. Grampa had a skewered barbecue pork special with beer. Surprise! We had wonderful warm bread dunked in warmed olive oil along with calamari tossed with hot pepper rings to start our forty fourth anniversary celebration. I can't believe that we had nothing to take home. We cleaned our plates as if we were the starved orphans in Oliver Twist who managed to kill off their oppressors and scarf up the sumptuous meal. I even had grape nut pudding for desert. On the way home I sucked on wonderful anise candies imported from Italy. You have to remind them to give you those little tidbits for the ride home or they conveniently forget to produce them! The ride home was beautiful although I miss the sun roof on the Stratus. The constellations in the night sky are very bright as you drive along Ekonk Hill and Grampa frowns upon me if I open the window and hang my head out so I can marvel at Orion as he chases Atlas's seven daughters through the dark.

Okay, that's all the time I've got today. Must finish the housework.

Quote: By the the streets of " by and by," one arrives at the house of "never." ____Cervantes

No comments: