Monday, February 28, 2011

Somebody shoot me . . .

Suggestion: focus on the cactus.

Well, just kidding, kinda, rather. Did manage to get delicious coffee and a short order of Cinnamon Crisp at Old Tymes for our 10:15am breakfast. That was good. It was more than good. I gulped it down in two shakes of a lamb's tail since I'd been up at 6:45 and not eaten a morsel. I had an eye doctor's appointment in Norwich for 8:30 and since we had some freezing rain Puppy's Pop drove me to the appointment and we were going to go for breakfast at 9:15. Hah, how stupid of me. I was there at 8:15; the assistant took me in at 8:25 and after the doctor skipped over me (I could hear him in the rooms adjacent to mine) I went out to track him down. Got to see him at 9:30. My prescription hasn't really changed much but the cataract is cataracting or whatever it is a cataract does and so my eyes are very sensitive to light. Having a pair of prescription sunglasses made and put into my old sunglasses' frame. Only got two more kinds of drops to add to the one I use regularly so I guess I'm back in business. I shouldn't get bent out of shape because I had to wait an hour for my time with the doctor but it doesn't even seem civil to keep someone on hold for that long unless there was an emergency and there was no emergency. I could hear everything that was going on in my special cubicle! Just an inhospitable lack of courtesy and good manners. I could have been an animal waiting for the vet to drop by when he had completed his morning rounds of the barnyard. So be it. I'm already tired and it's only noon. Getting pissed off tires me out. Lesson learned: just relax, don't make waves, eventually someone may muddle through and actually do their job. I may have to take up drinking something stronger than water and coffee to make it through mornings like this.

Bright note on this pouring rain, 42 degree day: the Pontiac is great.

Quote: The way to procure insults is to submit to them. ---A man meets with no more respect than he exacts. __Hazlitt

No comments: