Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It was a great day . . .


Kiddo was right, yesterday was a great day. We started out at Target because I owed him for all the reading he's been helping me to complete. After we got the Pokemon cards and special box we had to go home and play the game, bien sûr! He beat me soundly and we left for lunch at Pizza Palace where he also beat me at a Transformers card game as we whiled away the time. Then he reminded me we had to go to Avery Point. Oh, what a glorious day. It was bright, clear, cold but not too windy. He chose to walk on the very high wall, by himself. I couldn't get near the wall to save my soul as the snow was piled up against it and the cars were butted up to the snow. So I pretended everything would be fine. It worked. He was fine. Sections of that wall are at least 7 feet or 8 feet tall. I wouldn't walk on the darned thing. The tide was out so Kiddo, in the lead led me to our secret sea glass beach. We had to tell the geese to get away and they calmly swam off after Kiddo honked at them a few times. He diligently collected a whole Harley jacket pocket full of beautiful sea glass, tiny shells and smooth, colorful rocks. It is so much fun to hear his exclamations when he finds the glass on his own. His "This is a great day, Mémé." made me feel so good. It's as if I had given him the world to play with and he appreciated the wonder and beauty. Not sure what he and I will do today. He's got the week off and Mom was able to take Monday off from Richoni's so they spent a good day with her friend E. and her two kids who love to play with Kiddo, who's quite a bit younger than they.

Well, time to eat breakfast. Puppy's Pop had to leave early for a blood test at the VA in Providence and I have to leave soon for some regular check up stuff in Norwich. Somehow or other I used to have all this junk done in the Fall and now it has shifted to early Spring. (I'm an optimist, après tout!)

Quote: He that will learn to pray, let him go to the sea. ___Herbert

No comments: