Monday, January 31, 2011

It's official . . .

Almost finished with the Alaska photos. I am getting weary of them. Think I'll start the Arizona shots which younger brother's wife took when she and I visited her Border Patrol son and his wife.

Okay, that's it, it's official. When Kiddo no longer needs us we'll be Louisiana bound. Two degrees when I get up in the morning, at least 3 feet on snow where it's not piled up over 6 feet, monster icicles hanging off of the gutters and a forecast of freezing rain mixed with snow is enough to send placid me off the edge. Three neighbor kids borrowed one of our sleds yesterday and really didn't do any sliding because there's just too much snow on the hill. Selfishly, I hoped they'd be able to pack it down and make a path so Kiddo and I could trudge up the hill to slide after they did all of the work. But they quit. The two boys let the girl do all of the work! Oh well, perhaps by this time Friday it will all be ice and we can crawl up and slide down on our bottoms.

Kiddo didn't go to school this past Friday because he was sick so we didn't get to play out as much as I would have liked. He did break the icicles off of the house since he could reach them by climbing on the snowbanks. Grampa made a video of him trying to get to his swing hanging off of the dogwood. Watching him try to walk on top of the snow was hysterical. He finally ended up crawling to it and managed to pull it out. It now sits on top of the snow. He was nervous about snow angels. Didn't trust me to dig him out if he sunk in! He only made one on top of the hard packed mounds near the kitchen door. The news has been slightly scary lately. Quite a few barn and garage roofs have collapsed from the weight of the snow. Moosup nephew called and offered to help get the snow off of our garage but Puppy's Pop didn't take him up on the offer. We went out to check the garage and will be up there sometime today to clear it somehow. There's way too much snow on it now and if the weather forecasters are right about the snowy rainy mix on it's way we could be in trouble. There's no way we can get the Hot Rod out of the back bay and even if we could there would be no place to put it. I'll get some needed exercise today. I'm supposed to clean the house but if I procrastinate long enough I'll just work with Puppy's Pop on the roof. That would be my preferred activity. We'll be going out to dinner at Arturo Joe's in Narragansett to celebrate our 44 years of marriage or the 47 years since we met at Stardust where I was a waitress and he was showing off his Harley. Now, that was cool and is still cool today. We never manage to celebrate on the exact day. I have Groton duty Thursday and I think that Kiddo is in a play that night so we'll celebrate when we have the time and weather.

Quote: To be angry is to revenge the faults of others on ourselves. __Pope

No comments: