Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gee . . . and I had been content . . .

What a pain in the buttski! Puppy's Pop was out at 6:45am running the snow blower to get a start on the over 12 inches that fell during the night. I tumbled out of bed at 7 and made up a batch of Baking Powder Biscuits and waited on the gravy until Pop was miserable enough to come in out of the blizzard to eat. After we ate I got dressed for shoveling and went out to push the latest snow layer down the front of the garage so Grampa could work with the snowblower more easily. Came in after about an hour and was going to download the pictures I took of the horseshoe pits and realized that the power was out. That ticked me off no end because I was looking forward to a nice cup of hot coffee. Important word here, hot. Oh well, at least we have running water and can flush the toilet. Thank goodness for small favors. I doubt that Kiddo will be sliding much this weekend. We'll never be able to pack down the at least 15 inches of snow we already have and it continues to fall while we get colder in the house. I've put on the long johns and a hat so I can stay a bit warmer as I write. Hopefully CL&P will get the heat on shortly. I truly don't want to have to use the kerosene stove unless we absolutely have to do so. But I did buy a carbon monoxide detector just in case we ever had to use the damnable thing.

Had my latest root canaled tooth capped yesterday. What the heck, only two hours on the dentist's chair! I'm getting good at this suffering thing! But I must admit it is the prettiest tooth now. It used to be my really ugly tooth. Improvement noted. After shopping at Big Y and you friendly package store I came home to find that Grampa had beaten me home. He played horseshoes in East Hartford and came home with some really somber news. Stan, one of the regulars at the Tuesday pitching games, whose wife had died three weeks ago, had not shown up. So they called him to find out if he was OK. Not OK at all. He died, just like that. He had pitched in a tournament Saturday and had said he'd see everyone Tuesday. Life gets a little quirky now and again.

We'll be having to go out shortly to work on the new snow accumulation. Kiddo will be making a lot of snow forts this weekend. What fun!

Quote: To keep your secret is wisdom; but to expect others to keep it is folly. ___O. W. Holes

No comments: