Monday, January 17, 2011

Missions accomplished . . .


Off to another cold start although at 13.3 degrees at 9:30 am it's almost balmy compared to the below zeros we've been having lately. We've never paid an oil bill that was over five hundred dollars in our lives. So new ground has been broken as we paid $3.245 a gallon for 169.8 gallons. And that's at a .15 per gallon discount since we pay immediately. But there are no new taxes. My pension has been cut to pay for the new higher rates for our medical insurance. But there are no new taxes. Social security checks are the same as they've been for 2 years now. But there are no new taxes. Wow, are we getting ahead with all these non taxes we're paying.

Puppy's Pop and I went out for lunch in Woodstock yesterday to take a break before we returned and finally completed the 50's Junkpile puzzle. That was so much work I was getting slap happy and I ran out of Sogno di Sorrento Crema Lemoncello thereby making the puzzle that much more difficult to complete. But by suppertime we were all set and the puzzle now awaits gluing and hanging in the basement workshop. Kiddo has today off and since his brother is going to see UCONN demolish Villanova at Gampel this afternoon I'll go to Groton today and see about lunch and some playing. I've packed an extra set of clothes in case we decide to go out in the snow but I'm rather hoping we stay inside. He loves to listen to his music on his iPod and I hate the iPod because of the ear buds so I downloaded an album of music to my iPad, synced it with the emachines and made him a CD. I was impressed with myself! It took me a while to get it all figured out but I was pleased. He called me last night to see if I had accomplished the mission and was excited that I had done my job well. I even made a cover for him of the playlist. I don't care for the music of Big Time Rush but since he watches it on Nickelodeon at home I figured it would be OK.

Quote: We seldom contemn mankind till they have injured us; and when they have, we seldom do anything but detest them for the injury. ___Bulwer

No comments: