Monday, January 10, 2011

Cabin fever setting in . . .




We really haven't had too much snow but enough to keep us away from the flying fields and walking. I've done my daily walk in the house with my audio books but as much as I enjoy the book the work out isn't even close to bracing like a walk outside. Also working on the Fifties Junkpile puzzle and it is extremely vexing, tiring, difficult and a real pain in the "derrière." Those Oneco friends will be served a restraining order shortly. No more forays into any store that sells jigsaw puzzles; that includes on line stores as well. Oh my aching back. I have to keep bending over to see how to fit the crazy thing together. The colors are preposterous; the 1000 pieces are minuscule and there are so many shades of colors in just one old rusted auto that I shall be nuts and crippled before we complete it! This should be the end of my puzzle mania for 2011. I'm sure that Puppy's Pop will appreciate that. He plans to glue this one together and use it as a poster in the basement workshop.

Kiddo and I had a couple of really good sliding days this weekend. There's just enough snow to make the sliding good and the walk back up the hill easy. He's finally sliding down from the tippy top all by himself while I guard the trees. Damn, how that purple, plastic toboggan loves to swerve over the middle bumps and come crashing toward every tree and stump in sight. He's also fond of jumping off and rolling in the snow, getting his jeans wet. ( Why use a snow suit when you can have more fun getting freezing wet in the snow?) Looks like we'll be getting more of the white stuff for Wednesday and Kiddo won't have school. If that is the case he'll stay home with big brother and also spend some time at the restaurant playing video games and watching TV. I hate to drive on bad roads. I do trust my driving skills but I don't trust others not to follow too closely or drive like idiots in front of me. Solution for "moi." Stay home and make that ridiculous puzzle. I should also complete the hooked rug I started over 5 years ago. I didn't realize I was such a procrastinator.

Was hoping to see younger sister today but it fell through. I went for a haircut instead and met a couple of old friends there. Good start to 2011. It's another gorgeous, bright, cold, crisp windy day so I think I'll walk inside again. The wind is a pain for walking. Have to dress up too much! Finished up the 5 pound, 2 rib roast from Christmas last night and will make soup tomorrow after my dental appointment and shopping. I love the smell of homemade soup in the house. I would like to make another bread but I always eat it with scads of butter so I'll resist and have soup and crackers.

Quote: There is this paradox in pride -- it makes some men ridiculous, but prevents others from becoming so. ___Colton

No comments: