Monday, January 24, 2011

Long Johns . . . yes . . .

One of Grampa's birthday cards. Message: "Looking good!" I love it!

Toasty warm sitting here with a hot cup of java, sun on my back, three pairs of socks, two shirts, slippers, and a complete set of long johns. Very bright sun gleaming off of the snow and it has finally gone above zero! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Pretty incredible cold just hanging around. Miss going out to fly the planes and walking. I think I'll have to ask Puppy's Pop to play some cribbage today. I need to keep in shape somehow. Perhaps a bit of addition will help keep the cobwebs and cold from my grey matter.I sent Kiddo home with the flash cards so I do need some form of mental exercise. Puzzle is almost half way done and I really must get back to my audio book. Haven't been very faithful this past week. This January thaw is not working well at all. It's about time the Congress works out of their chambers and in the yard surrounding the Capitol so all their hot air can heat us and the price of oil can make it's way down from the stratosphere.

Sold another one of my audio books on Amazon. So far I've made about $90 but of course they cost me more than that. Still it's a little less clutter in the house and then I can justify buying more! The cold is keeping people away from church and the economy is bringing the donations down. AHC is $15000 in the hole. Not sure how they can fix that unless we all add a bit more to the collection basket. There are a lot more young families in the parish but I don't think there's much money for giving. The big plus at AHC is the beautiful music at the 11am Mass. It is a pleasure. Well, enough random thoughts back to the Bulletin. Oh yay.

Quote: When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes. ___Erasmus

No comments: