Thursday, January 20, 2011

Birthday breakfast . . .

Back to the Alaskan Gold Dredge.

Went out early today for Puppy's Pop's free birthday breakfast at Lizzy B's. He ate two stacks of pancakes, a short and a tall! What a wonderful character. Some spots on Route 14 were very icy because of yesterday's minor thaw and the 20's overnight but all in all the roads are great. Naturally tomorrow will probably be another stormy, snowy day and I'll end up working on the Woman with Parasol. It fits nicely on my metal sided cardboard tray so at the moment it is stowed away but I can dig it out when necessary. I do believe that it is going to be a painful puzzle. I'm still working on the edges!

Just took a break to watch the squirrels trying to attack the bird feeders. One ended up on my porch glider and then banged into the window nearest the fridge before managing to fly up into the tree from the roof. Must be related to the one that always managed to thwart Grampa and get to the feeders no matter what branches he cut or what obstacles he'd put out. Bunch of well educated, intelligent squirrels in Connecticut even if the politicians are addlepated, snake brained idiots.

Managed to wish my lady at the VA a Happy New Year as she worked on getting the billing straightened out. The bill went from $80 to $65. She is always able to clear up the messes and she has given me her extension so I can leave a message when necessary. Pretty neat if disconcerting to know that there will always be mistakes made by this government entity. Yikes, so much incompetence. But, the doctors are taking good care of Grampa so I don't complain and just make the calls with each bill.

Off to Groton now. Thinking Kiddo won't make it here for our Friday night special. That's a bummer. We enjoy having him put us through our paces.

Quote: Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrong. __Charlotte Bronte

No comments: