Friday, January 14, 2011

Six degrees and rising . . .

Morning of the 13th courtesy of Puppy's Pop.

We're up to 6 degrees at 8:30am. Yep, must be the January Thaw. It was 0 when Puppy's Pop got up this morning and 4 when I tumbled out. So we're getting up there! No school in Northeastern Connecticut yesterday but Kiddo had a late start so I made it to my lunch duty just fine. The back roads are terrible but Routes 12 and 395 were great. I haven't heard or seen any buses yet this morning so I'm guessing they may have another day off. Our road is all iced up. I came home at about 5:20 last evening and it was awful so I'm guessing that the rest of the town roads are also frozen solid. We haven't seen any sand on the secondary roads so we're in for some hairy driving until it warms up a bit.

Grampa had to have a tooth extracted yesterday by an oral surgeon and even he was taken aback by how much work he had to do. It took three stitches, antibiotics, painkillers, soups and lots of not eating. The stitches will come out by themselves but Grampa has to be very careful for a couple of weeks at least. Needless to say, he's not a happy camper. It's so cold downstairs right now that he's covering his plane on Kiddo's bed. I'll be leaving shortly for Groton to do my duty and pick the Kiddo up and come back home for the night. Not sure if we'll be able to get much playing in the snow accomplished today. He wanted to stay at the school playground after school yesterday but the plowman had plowed the parking lot into the play area! Not very good playing right now except for throwing snowballs and running up and down the 5 foot banks.

Quote: When a man becomes familiar with his goddess, she quickly sinks into a woman. ___Addison

(And it serves him right!)

No comments: