Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh, and the wonders I have wrought . . .




Getting Kiddo's playscape in order.

Yes, after over three hours of snow blowing the driveway, paths to the mail, woods, heating oil pipe, bird food and cleaning out the new neighbors' cars Puppy's Pop came in and I offered to make breakfast. All he asked for was a tall stack of pancakes. Okay, no big deal but . . . didn't have any Bisquick so I had to make up my own batter. The griddlecakes I cooked up on my Pampered Chef griddle were by far the best I have eaten. What a great recipe: easy, fast and outrageously delicious topped with Kate's Maple Syrup. Thank you Fannie Farmer. I do believe that we had another foot and a half of snow added to the already too high mounds. It is now windy out, sunny and 30 degrees so the light snow we received overnight is going to drift into even higher banks. Gees, Louise, enough already.

Depressed by the bad roads yesterday and not going to my Groton duty I took out another 1000 piece puzzle, Heartland Serenade, a panoramic view of a pair of cardinals looking over their domain on the farm with magnolias, fences, barn, house, trees, gardens et cetera. The catch is it's only 13 inches wide and 39 inches long! Local niece was so kind as to give me two puzzles last Christmas and both are rather painful. The other one is 1500 pieces with Santa Claus filling the stockings by firelight. I think I'm getting addicted to these crazy things.

Stadler Form Oskar Evaporator Humidifier - remember the name. It came in the snow yesterday afternoon and I set it up immediately. I am so impressed. It is plain, extremely quiet, and doesn't make a mist. It was a tad expensive but I love it. You don't even know it's working until you check it and realize the water is gone! To fill it you just bring the water to it and pour it in while it's running. Good deal. Now for the coup de grâce, it's made in Switzerland. Yay, yay, yay!

Hopefully I'll be able to get to Groton tomorrow to pick up Kiddo. He'll have a ball on all of the paths Grampa has made about the yard. Today he's home with older brother while his Mom is running the lounge without her cook who couldn't make it in through the snow. She didn't expect much business but just got a call asking if she was open. They're on their way for lunch! Hope she gets some help!

Quote: The blind fanaticism of one foolish honest man may cause more evil than the united efforts of twenty rogues. ____Grimm

No comments: