Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to the old blogger set up . . .


Tried the latest set up from blogger and it is not intuitive enough for moi. I didn't like what it did to my photos. I also had to think about what I wanted to do! Too complicated for someone who likes simple, simple, simple. Puppy's Pop and his partner took first place in the Horseshoe League this year! One hundred twenty dollars to share! They parceled out the money before the final one day tournament this past Saturday. He and his partner didn't make it to the finals, two losses and you're out but they did manage to go five rounds. We had a beautiful day and the food from Meal Works was great. We said our goodbyes until next Spring. Many of the players will be off to Florida for the winter. Puppy's Pop's partner was an excellent B player but he is very sick. I do hope he can get better but he looks terrible. He had to have a sub play his last game and I'm sure that hurt his pride. We made sure we thanked him for such a good year of league play. We were supposed to go to Wrentham, MA Sunday for a control line contest but I couldn't bend down easily to hold the plane. I may have never gotten up if I had tried! I know that one of the other contestants would have helped out but Grampa doesn't care for the venue too much as there is no food available and we have to leave early in the morning. The bathroom facilities are a bit too primitive also. If you close the door it's pitch black, no lights, so you have to fumble around. I used to take a good look at where the toilet, toilet paper, paper towels and sink were then close the door and hope for the best! One of the contestants' wives had to remember to bring toilet paper! (I guess I could have brought a flashlight to leave in the ladies' room. We have a good supply since the unnamed tropical storm cut our power.) Really clean and all; okay for the men; not okay for their wives! It's at a beautiful park but only one person in town has the key to the facilities! (I exaggerate, but only a little!) Years ago we went and they had food, running water and lighted bathrooms. I was able to watch a cricket match in the opposite field but I guess the town and the club have been forced to cut back drastically. Spent some time today at younger brother's home. His wife and I played cribbage and made a date for next Monday.We'll figure out what to do when I get there! I like that. Simple, no fuss.

Quote: I fear three newspapers more than a hundred thousand bayonets. ___Napoleon

1 comment:

natalie said...

you make me laugh, good to see you,my old friend; even if you did beat me today @ cribbage...wait next time... :0 )