Saturday, September 24, 2011

New wheels . . .




The Pontiac annoyed me for the last time. Puppy's Pop had to bring it for an alignment; the right rear bearings had to be changed and the straw that broke my back, Wednesday I was told it needed a new heater core to the tune of $850. Thursday at 1pm middle child and her husband followed me to MJ Sullivan's after we had cleaned out the Pontiac. I drove home late Thursday afternoon with our 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS. It's pretty basic: black exterior, beige interior, 29mpg city, 40mpg highway. We love it. The odometer read 3 miles when I signed the paper work and I'm the one who put the miles on the car when I went for a test drive. It had just been taken off of the delivery truck. Yay! We're back on top of the world. The Pontiac was worth $8,500 in the trade. The Elantra handles nicely and although it is a four door it's not bad looking. The Kiddo sits really well in the back without his booster seat. Needless to say he loves that. We were going to go to Vermont for the Hot Rod Show this weekend but Grampa cancelled all reservations because of the car fiasco. That's just great because now we're just spending a quiet weekend at home trying to get caught up with the Autumnal Equinox. It's 79 degrees, partially sunny and muggy but no complaints. It just feels so good to have a reliable car that gets good gas mileage. Still can't believe we bought a brand spanking new vehicle and it's Korean. The new Rich at Rich's Service Center told me not to buy American. He hated to say it and I hated to hear it but he explained that all he ever fixes is American cars! He suggested a Honda, a Hyundai or even a Toyota! So everything is right with life at this moment!

Quote: The true boundary of man is moderation. --When once we pass that pale, our guardian angel quits his charge of us. ___Feltham

1 comment:

natalie said...

I'm ready for a ride. See you later.