Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Newport Rocking Chair Co. VT, you rock . . .


What a blessing! Puppy's Pop and I just returned empty handed from Joann Fabrics in Norwich. His glider, at least 20 years old, has worn out webbing under the seat. I looked around the glider and ottoman but couldn't find the company's name so we tried to get our own replacement webbing. No luck. We were trying to figure out how to fix it and I decided to tip it over. VoilĂ , the company logo! Got their number on line and the number of our glider series. I called them. The new strap webbing will be on its way Thursday! Hip, hip, hooray! The same chair and ottoman run about $1,000 today. I think we probably paid about $700. It's still a beautiful chair, even the upholstery is in good shape. I'm tickled. My glider is on it's third set of cushions. Matante bought it for me 22 years ago. It is also made in The Good Old United States. Getting pretty warm out side but I think I'll see if I can pick my potatoes. Hope they haven't rotted. Also hoping younger sister let's me know when she has time for a visit. It will be great weather for a nice ride. Older sister sent me a photo of Ma when she was about 20 years old accompanied by a very nice laminated sketch she had someone draw from the photo. That is truly appreciated. I don't think I'd ever seen that photo before.

Quote: While one finds company in himself and his pursuits, he cannot feel old, no matter what his years may be. __A.B. Alcott

2 comments:

natalie said...

thanks for the explanation of Ma's photo and hand drawing ....we also recieved the same yesterday,but w/no explanation./... Ma always was ahead of her times,loved the Princess Leah (Star Wars) braids wraped above her ears

natalie said...

J. says he has seen the photo before ...we may even have a copy in our home