Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkins and gourds . . .


Pretty good week. Excellent day. Kiddo, Grampa and I had a really good Friday. Picked pumpkins and gourds. Shot oldest kid's old bow and arrows. Scootered to the River and Union Cemetery so he could walk on walls and climb up to the top of the hill so we could overlook Moosup. Had fun watching him make the hot wheels drop, race and go through loops before ending up in the bedroom. Watched The Great Race with Max and Professor Fate before hitting the sack and sharing reading for half an hour. All was accomplished between four and nine pm. Today before he went home he picked more gourds and had to wash them in the sink before he could bring them home to Mom. He's so full of energy. I love it. When we got back from Groton, Grampa took off for Oneco to mow his flying field and fly while I ended up in Brooklyn at the att store to get a new sim card for the iPad. But it didn't need a new card. The young man just brushed the old one off and put it back in the iPad and it's perfect. They would have given me a new one if I had needed it. Very nice. Southern daughter had helped me to fix it a couple of evenings ago but it started to misbehave again so the store was the best option. Made pork chops for supper tonight, floured, seasoned and fried in a bit of olive oil along with home grown Yukon Gold potatoes mashed with soy milk and Earth Balance (fake butter). Also had plain beets and garden tomatoes. Not too shabby. I'm feeling much better since I've stopped eating dairy, spicy meats, cooked tomatoes in any form and all wines. Go figure. I'm retired and can afford to have a drink or two or three and it doesn't agree with me. The doctor thinks I'm working on an ulcer but I think my body slowed down a bit too much! I'll have it checked out Monday ruining the day I had planned to spend with N. Damn, that ticks me off but I do have to get the stomach back into some reasonable shape.

Quote: Happiness consists in activity. -Such is the constitution of our nature. -It is a running stream, and not a stagnant pool. __J. M. Good

No comments: