Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yard activity . . .




Getting ready to go visit older brother and his wife. I haven't been there in quite a while. Not sure how I manage to get so busy! We'll have lunch and perhaps play some cribbage. I'll be going in the Elantra which still has about a half tank of gas! I haven't bought any gas yet! They filled it for me Thursday and it's Tuesday! Wow, I am impressed. It holds a little over 12 gallons. Puppy's Pop is at the VA getting new glasses and I'm just reading the paper while the turkeys comb the hill for food. The fog is lifting but the air is heavy and clammy. Feels like we're living near Newcastle, England. The birds are finally back at the feeders. We had run out of black oil seed and Puppy's Pop put out the sunflowers I had picked from the garden but the birds refused to eat them. I think I picked them too early and all of the damp weather has caused them to rot rather than ripen. He finally broke down and had to pay $37 for 50 pounds of seed. That is outrageous. But we can't cut back on bird food. After all they bring us great pleasure and exercise when we have to run out and scare the pigeon and squirrels off of the feeders! Yesterday I found a little seedling growing in the picnic table bench. I think it may be a sunflower. I hope I can keep it growing. It would be funny if it actually bloomed before the frosts descend upon us.

Quote: The punishment suffered by the wise who refuse to take part in the government, is to live under the government of bad men. ___Plato

No comments: