Sunday, September 11, 2011

Disappointed . . .

Hadn't planned on going to church this morning because I pulled some muscles in my lower back. I was just going to drop off my envelope because I'm a few weeks behind but I saw a Marine in full dress preparing to go into church so I decided I would tough it out. Well, it was not an auspicious beginning as the borrowed priest who spoke after the Introit reminded us about the Catholic priest who was the first responder to die on September 11, 2001 and from there proceeded to talk about churches that were used as morgues in an ecumenical show of support. I was put off by his self regard and egotism on behalf of the Catholic Church. After the Gospel he went on to talk about forgiveness. As he was speaking the Marine walked out. Not sure if he walked out in protest or was ill. But I left also after dropping my money in the basket in the back of the church. I'm hoping that the priest said some words about the horror of that calamitous day and how we must fight evil in all forms lest we become a part of the evil by accepting it.I have to look into my beliefs more because I can't stand apologists for what is good and right. Even a suggestion that evil must be forgiven riles me. You cannot forgive evil. You have to fight it heart and soul with words, deeds and swords. I don't believe that I'm a hateful person but I do believe in death and destruction for cowards who in the name of their god fight to rid the world of Christians, Jews, The United States of America and Israel. That's it for today. I'm so sick and tired of apologists. Just recalled, I walked out on the sermon and songs at the church in Sterling ten years ago.  I guess I never learn.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This is not an easy day for any of us. I refuse to watch the hype on TV just as I did ten years ago.Our lives changed dramatically post 9/11/01. We live w/the change and are grateful that we live in the best country on this earth but forever are watchful and cautious in a way I did not know ten years and one day ago.

Qu'que chose said...

You are so right. It was a difficult day. I know how it affects me so I'm sure everyone who cares for this grand and wonderful United States of America will always have an open wound. Time cannot heal this grotesque hurt.