Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Found in the milk room . . .


I asked Puppy's Pop if he knew if we had anymore old fashioned canning jars and he knew just the place! I went to the milk room and voilĂ . So I grabbed a couple to fill them with various teas I have all over the place; we now have a little order out of the chaos in one of the cabinets. I've taken to drinking tea again and I was really hurt. I bought a box of Red Rose tea and was excited to be able to get the neat little figurine they always pack inside. I scrounged around and not finding it, in desperation, I read the fine print on the cover of the box. "FIGURINE NEWS! See side panel for details. . . Look inside for more information and your official order form." Bummer! You can now select the figurine you want, send a UPC bar code for each figurine AND a small shipping fee. (1-3 figurines - $2.00) Super merde! Not even a merdeski. What a bunch of dorks. That isn't the right descriptive word but it'll have to do. I'm disgusted. I shall just pout for a week or so and then what? I may never see another Red Rose figurine again! That is upsetting. I really enjoyed not knowing what I'd find. Now I know; nothing. Et encore merde. Might as well drink Tetley.

Puppy's Pop traded in all of our old gold high school, college and other plain gold rings we no longer wear and came home with several hundred dollars. I was pleasantly surprised. I also heard from my APRN today that the cat scan showed that my stomach is fine but I should put more fiber in my diet! I guess it's a touch of diverticulosis. That's all good news but I still have to stay away from milk and wine because my crazy body doesn't function well if I drink them. C'est la vie. I guess I'll go mope because I didn't get my nice little Wade figurine. (I just noticed: at the bottom of the side panel it says FIGURINE NO LONGER ENCLOSED. I've got to remember to read side panels on boxes from this day forth.)

Quote: Most persons would succeed in small things if they were not troubled with great ambitions. ___Longfellow

No comments: