Sunday, September 25, 2011

Phone call ended a pretty decent day . . .


Had our usual Sunday outing to Oneco for breakfast and then I finished dusting the house and cleaning the bathroom before heading off to Mass. Puppy's Pop went off to make a few bucks at the Yankee Flyers' Field. He's getting good at bargaining! He bought a radio control plane at the pawnshop downtown for $40 and sold it for $50 to a Yankee Flyer minus the engine. He kept the engine because he can use it on his control line planes and new it costs $150. Pretty good wheeling and dealing. Younger brother and his wife stopped by to get the rest of the gourds before going to their grandson's football game in Killingly. J. helps out with the coaching and they are having a good year. I spent most of the day reading a decent dairy free cook book. Couldn't believe how much interesting material the author has about what can ail you! So far my stomach likes being dairy and wine free. Made a very plain meatloaf for supper with baked potatoes, green beans and sliced tomatoes. I put Grey Poupon, salt and pepper on the potato. It was excellent. I also used some McIlhenny Co.'s Green Pepper Tobasco Sauce on the meatloaf. Yes! Very tasty supper. Then came The Phone Call. Chase Visa called to verify over $3,000 worth of purchases made on our dedicated on line shopping card. I refused to talk to the lady that called because I wasn't sure she was really from Chase but when I called the Chase number on my card they really had initiated the call because of the weird purchases. We cancelled the card and she moved the few purchases we had made to a new card, still with a $1000 limit. This is a first for us. It is upsetting but I have to say Chase did a good job catching the false purchases and will continue to investigate who made the charges (which were all declined.) Bummer. Hopefully I won't make as many purchases now that I'm leery of purchasing on line. But I really like to shop at Amazon so it may give me pause but the Chase lady assured me they're watching out for us! Almost time to hit the hay. It's been a hazy, lazy day.

Quote: I could never draw the line between meanness and dishonesty. --What is mean, so far as I can see, slides by indistinguishable, gradations into what is dishonest. __G. Macdonald

No comments: