Sunday, September 18, 2011

Green thumbs and a pocket full of shagbarks . . .


Just got back from a walk up the street and shagbarks are falling in places I didn't even know they were growing! Must be some newbie trees just dropping their first harvest. The squirrels have already eaten many but I did manage to get one whole pocketful. We went to breakfast at Cozy Corner in Wauregan today and were not impressed. Did see a lot of people we knew but the food was less than mediocre and the kitchen was slow. So much for trying new things. The plus was our waitress. We hadn't seen Missy since the Britanny closed up several years ago. As a matter of fact the building, which was part of the PM Motel, has been torn down! Time is flying. So far our best bet for breakfast for food, service and speed is Zip's. Poor Lizzy B's is having a terrible time getting even one competent waitress and the cook owner doesn't delegate well so she has to cook everything herself. We still like to go there but if the place fills up you're doomed now that their best waitresses have all left. It's a tough business and I'm always tempted to help out when I'm there; serving coffee, bussing tables, giving out menus, being polite and neat. I really am crotchety at this point in life. I like to go for a relaxing meal not feel like I should be setting everyone straight. Such a busy body am I. Well time for Mass. Let's see what this Sunday service will bring. I'll be going to Kiddo's 7 years old birthday party at Chuckie Cheese this late afternoon sans Grampa. What a chicken. Only 19 kids coming!

Quote: Genuine good taste consists in saying much in few words, in choosing among our thoughts, in having order and arrangement in what we say, and in speaking with composure. ___Fenelon

No comments: