Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Almost a nightmare . . .


Had to download the latest operating system for the iPad which meant I had to synchronize it with the computer. Problem: (for me) the new computer wasn't ready for anything to do with the iPad. So I diligently downloaded iTunes and thought I did a good job of syncing the iPad. I hadn't done a good job! I was horrible! It's a good thing that Southern Daughter was home because I made so many calls to her that I'm certain she didn't have time for her school work or dinner preparations! She did save the day and my files are now all backed up properly and I think that I know a bit more about what I'm doing when I have to back up files on the HP. I shall religiously back up the iPad every Monday or I may get brave and use iCloud. But I think I may be better off if I stay timid for quite some time.

It is an absolutely beautiful Fall day, sunny, breezy, high fifties, dry and clean, clear air. Had in invigorating walk and then decided to dig out some old music books because youngest sister-in-law is coming over in a while and she may want to try out the poor old piano. It got me to thinking, "I wonder if I could sell or trade the piano to a music store and then get an electronic piano?" I think I might use that more than my present instrument because I could play using headphones and Puppy's Pop wouldn't have to put up with the racket! I realize it isn't supposed to be "noise" but I can guarantee it would be noise to all and sundry as I try to review what little I used to know. It's just a thought. He's back playing horseshoes at the indoor clay pits in East Hartford today. That's such a good change of pace for him. Out of the basement and into the dusty pits! There are quite a few really nice guys who play there regularly and occasionally a couple of women pitch also. He will probably sign up for some of the tournaments too. Well, off to get caught up on National Review and perhaps the piano.

Quote: Music is the fourth great material want of our nature, --first food, then raiment, then shelter, then music. __Bovee

2 comments:

Natalie said...

thanks for the lesson today, it was great, now I must practice my homework

Natalie said...

I like your quote.