Thursday, October 6, 2011

Storm windows down . . .


Yep. Can't believe that I've already pulled down all of the storm windows. It was 34 degrees when I got up at 7 this morning with a slight frost on the garage roof. Just the thought of a visit from the oil man leaves me in dread. I like being warm and that means 70 degrees in the house during the day. I think I'll finally start thinking about ways to economize. Should have done that years ago but never got around to thinking it was a priority. Now it is. Have to make sure I really do put some money away in savings and, of greater importance, leave it there! I tend to put it away and then take it back out for fun stuff! Not a good tactic!

Taking Steve Jobs' death on the personal side. I really like my iPad very much and I consider him the ultimate brain behind everything Apple. He was not a braggadocio about his philanthropy as so many famously rich people are. Seemed pretty down to earth. I hope he can get his job done in iHeaven. Requiescat in pace, Mr. Jobs.

Kiddo lost his first tooth yesterday while he was in class. His teacher tried to keep it to put under her pillow but he wouldn't give it up! Such a handsome kid, if I do say so myself. Spent the time after school with his tongue in the hole where that neat little tooth had been! He played at the playground for about half an hour before we headed for home where he read some Freddy Fernortner for me. I tell him I don't care what he reads as long as he does some reading every day. Not certain I'm winning the battle!

Quote: A wise man will desire no more than he may get justly, use soberly, distribute cheerfully, and leave contentedly. ___Burton

1 comment:

natalie said...

the main thing is to have him read whatever he is interested in...the back of the cereal box, the packaging on a toy,the sports page,tv guide whatever... just read