Monday, October 17, 2011

Last glorious southern day for now . . .

While Puppy's Pop and Son were at the flying contest yesterday Southern Daughter and I were shopping at the Louisiana Mall in Baton Rouge. We just roamed around and didn't buy too much, a wallet for her and some T- shirts for moi. The best part was lunch at Joe's Crab Shack where I had coconut shrimp, a Margarita and a crazy chocolate desert. The men were already home when we returned. Puppy's Pop came in second in his class, Advanced. He's doing good. Also won a plane kit, some hats and a new handle for the new plane! He wracked up. We lucked out today because A.was able to come home early so we went to The Magnolia Café for lunch in St. Francisville. It reminded me of something you would expect to see in Casa Grande, Arizona, rustic, authentic and old! Food was great. I had my ubiquitous Margarita with the special of the day, white beans and rice which came with a lagniappe of cornbread and salad. I think I shall have to start using more beans and rice in my home cooking; delicious, healthy and not too hard to make! Sounds like a plan! Time to go sit in the gazebo to relax and read.

No comments: