Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just a tad odd . . .


I must admit that it is odd to go for a walk in October and have snow covering the ground. The Maples have lost most of their leaves and the Oaks are still loaded with brownish yellow leaves. I was buffeted by the winds and at times had to bend over and fight my way up the street but it is truly a remarkably clear, bright Autumn day. So, Mother Nature has spoken and mere mortals can do nothing but appreciate her sense of humor.

Mass this morning was a joy. The choir was in full voice and has added some new hymns to its repertoire. We had a guest priest from Cross International who spoke English very well and also had a good voice for the High Mass. All in all a good start to the week. Kiddo has already been to a Halloween Party so I'm not sure if middle child will be bringing him to Moosup to trick or treat with his cousins. She has been putting in lots of hours at Richoni's as she breaks in new bar tenders. I'm sure Grampa will enjoy the candy we have if no kids stop in as I was told to buy Reese's Peanut Buttercups! I also threw in the M&M Peanuts so he'll be all set for a while!

Quote: Rage is essentially vulgar, and never more vulgar than when it proceeds from mortified pride, disappointed ambition, or thwarted wilfulness. _ H. Coleridge

No comments: